Skin Care at the DeRosa Clinic
Whether you are looking for a chemical peel or recommendations on the best at-home routine, call the DeRosa Clinic and set up a time to meet with our aestheticians, led by our Master Aesthetician Steven Giannetta. Steven has over 30 years of experience in facial aesthetics and is an integral part of the DeRosa Clinic, which is located in the center of Boston at 91 Newbury Street.
Our facial treatments are tailored to your individual skin concerns such as acne, anti-aging, sun damage or rosacea/sensitive skin.
Below are some of Our Skin Care Offerings
Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)/ Microneedling
CIT, also known in the industry as Microneedling, is a breakthrough technology that gently stimulates the growth of collagen, which then improves the appearance of some scars and wrinkles. CIT is a dramatic treatment for problems including fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and acne scarring. This quick and effective treatment delivers laser-like results without the downtime. CIT Microneedling creates micro wounds into the skin which stimulates collagen and elastin production. This treatment reduces fine lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. It helps to lighten age spots and enhance the skin’s tone, texture and luminosity.
Additional CIT/Microneedling Options:
- CIT Microneedling Deluxe: A treatment designed to maximize the benefits of CIT. Treatment begins with dermaplaning to prep the skin, allowing for deeper penetration of the microneedles. Treatment is completed with LED light therapy which helps to calm the skin post treatment and speed-up the healing.
- CIT Microneedling Face and Neck: Treatment addresses fine lines and pigmentation concerns on the neck as well as the face.
- CIT Microneedling Décolleté: Can be added onto any CIT Treatment to address textural concerns and sun damage on the upper chest.
- CIT Microneedling Packages: CIT Microneedling is ideally performed in a series, as each treatment has an additive impact on results. DeRosa Clinic offers CIT Microneedling Treatment Packages of 3 treatments. Available for CIT Face, CIT Deluxe, CIT with Growth Factor, CIT Deluxe with Growth Factor, CIT Spot Treatment. Neck add on available to add to all packages.
- C10 (Vitamin C 10%): Helps to regulate melanin production, diminishing hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. It has excellent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and also acts to brighten the skin. When combined with CIT Microneedling, C10 enhances the effects by aiding in new collagen and elastin production.
- Protein Rich Retinol 4% (PRR 4%): PRR4% is a 4% all trans-Retinol that boosts collagen production, exfoliates, and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also refines pore size, treats skin laxity, and improves the skin texture and tone. It’s an excellent treatment for thick, oily skin. Because this Retinol is micro-encapsulated, it penetrates deeper into the skin with less irritation. It can be a stand-alone treatment or combined with another treatment, including CIT Microneedling.
- Growth Factor: Biopelle® Tensage Growth Factor is an intensive serum derived from the special secretion of the Cryptomphalus aspersa land snail and has been used for years to help heal and repair the skin. This Growth Factor serum is used during CIT to aid in collagen and elastin production, shorten healing time, reduce redness, and maintain & optimize results.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP): PRP is a concentration of one’s own platelets that are crucial to wound healing. Used for skin rejuvenation, PRP releases growth factors into the skin to expedite the body’s own repair process and stimulate new collagen and elastin production. When PRP is used in conjunction with CIT Microneedling, it reduces inflammation and redness and improves skin texture and tone.
A minimally-invasive chemical peel comprised of Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA), Phenol, Salicylic Acid, Vitamin C and Retin-A. Done on its own or in a series, this peel will dramatically improve your skin’s tone, texture and clarity. This peel is anti-aging, rejuvenating, and restorative. It softens fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin tone and texture, and reduces age spots and sun damage. Peeling lasts 3 to 4 days. Safe for all skin types. Post kit of products is included with every VI Peel®.
Additional VI Peel® Options:
- VI Peel® PURIFY: For those with acneic skin conditions, the VI Peel® PURIFY is specially formulated to address acne, acne scarring and oily skin. This peel helps cellular turnover and clears out dead cells to open pores, eliminates P. acnes bacteria, and soothes inflammation and redness.
- VI Peel® with Precision Plus: A higher concentration of the VI Peel® boosted with added ingredients formulated for pigmentation concerns. This peel addresses pigmentation, acne scarring, age spots and rough skin texture. Specifically developed for pigmentation concerns, the VI Peel® with Precision Plus reduces appearance of age spots and sun damage, brightens discoloration, and evens skin tone and texture.
- VI Peel® Packages: VI Peel®, VI Peel® PURIFY, and VI Peel® with Precision Plus are all available in packages of 3 treatments.
This medium-depth peel targets stubborn pigment, melasma, acne, and scarring. The depth and strength of the peel is customized to your skin type and goals. Peeling starts in approximately 48-72 hours and typically lasts 7 to 10 days. The Reve Peel is a medium-depth peel. It addresses concerns such as pigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, large pores, melasma, age spots, sagging skin, and sun damage. Post-peel kit is included.
Gives the skin a smoother appearance, removing the skin’s top layers through a method of pleasant sloughing. It is used to improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of small facial wrinkles. It can also remove “peach fuzz,” which can trap excess dirt and oil. Dermaplaning is performed using a tool that gently exfoliates the top layer of skin. The skin is left incredibly smooth and glowing, with no irritation, allowing for better absorption of skincare products and better make-up application.
Chemical Peels (Exfoliation)
Chemical Peels are composed of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) and Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHA). They exfoliate dead skin cells and stimulate new skin cells to come to the surface, making your skin appear healthier and more youthful. DeRosa Clinic offers a range of superficial to medium-depth peels, including Lactic, Glycolic, Mandelic, Salicylic Acid, Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA), and 4% Protein Rich Retinol. Chemical exfoliation helps to give skin that desired “glow.” Available for all skin types, including sensitive and acneic.
A modern spin on a classic treatment, this treatment gives you thorough, consistent exfoliation with no irritation or inflammation. Crystal and chemical free, it is the perfect alternative for those wanting gentle skin-resurfacing without irritation or inflammation. Perfect for sensitive skin and retinol users.
LED Light Therapy
NASA-developed and FDA-approved, this red light prompts the skin’s fibroblasts to produce collagen and elastin proteins deep within the dermis. LED light therapy is also great for calming the skin and helping to reduce mild inflammation and is safe to use after surgery.
Antioxidant & Microcurrent Therapy
Using a Microcurrent device, antioxidants and nutrients penetrate to the deepest layers of the epidermis to promote advanced healing and rejuvenation. Microcurrent therapy increases the production of collagen and stimulates the skin, allowing it to drive essential nutrients deeper into the skin. Promotes advanced healing and rejuvenation.
This gentle facial massage reduces swelling and edema, releases toxins, increases blood flow, and accelerates post-operative recovery. Treatment is performed by machine suction to reach the lymphatic vessels. Also works great for temporary under eye puffiness and swelling.
30 Minute Facial
Perfect for anyone who needs a quick touch up. During the 30 minute facial, the DeRosa Clinic aesthetician performs 2 to 3 facial treatments to help improve the skin’s appearance and health.
60 Minute Facial
The 60 minute facial allows the DeRosa Clinic aesthetician to address any skincare concerns and work with the client’s skincare routine. The 60 minute facial includes 3 to 4 facial treatments which will target specific problems or customized by the aesthetician.
75 Minute Facial
The 75 minute facial is the top choice for those who need a skin re-vamp. The DeRosa Clinic aesthetician will fully address and treat any skincare concerns, review one’s existing skincare routine, and provide recommendations for a new skincare routine. The 75 minute facial includes 4 to 5 facial treatments, targeting specific problems discussed or recommendations by the aesthetician to allow for maximum improvement in the skin.
30, 60 and 75 Minute Facial packages of 7 treatments are available.
Men's Rejuvenating Skin Treatment
This treatment is specifically tailored to a man’s skin. This customized treatment will address all of your facial concerns. 30, 60, and 75 minute treatments available.
Moms and Moms-To-Be Facial
Our pregnancy-safe facials are carefully customized to treat the sensitive and sometimes unpredictable skin of a mother or mother-to-be. This treatment is safe for nursing moms too. 30, 60, and 75 minute treatments available.
This safe and effective treatment gently freezes skin cells in the upper layer of the skin to treat age spots, sun spots, and skin tags in as little as one treatment. CryoClear® works by delivering carbon dioxide onto the skin to freeze the superficial epidermal layer, minimizing the risk of blistering, scarring and hypopigmentation. CryoClear® is a quick, painless treatment with little to no downtime. The treated area will typically turn darker for a few days after treatment and then healthy tissue will appear. It can be a stand-alone treatment or added to most other facial services.
Aquagold® Finetouch™ is a revolutionary technology delivering microinjections directly into the dermis through small channels within microneedles as small as a hair follicle. Treatment is nearly painless. Microinjections can include, Filler or microBotox®, or a variety of add-ons to boost skincare. Results from the Aquagold® Finetouch™ are seen immediately post treatment and may last up to 4 weeks.
For skincare concerns such as pigmentation, tone, texture, fine lines, and acne, Aquagold® Finetouch™ treatments are performed by a DeRosa Clinic aesthetician. These serum mixtures can include Vitamin C, Retinol, minoxidil, and growth factors.
Dr. DeRosa applies injectable-grade hyaluronic acid fillers and/or microBotox® to facial concerns including deeper wrinkles, enlarged pores, and redness.
TCA Cross (Chemical Reconstruction of Skin Scars)
TCA Cross (Chemical Reconstruction of skin scars) is a specialized treatment for depressed or ice pick acne scarring. High concentrations of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) is applied directly into the scar(s), stimulating skin resurfacing within the scar and stimulating collagen production. TCA Cross restructures acne scars and reduces their depth.
Hair Restoration treatment packages are available to help stimulate hair follicles and correct thinning hair. Dr. DeRosa performs a series of 3 Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Scalp Injections 4-6 weeks apart, and the DeRosa Clinic aestheticians infuse minoxidil using the Aquagold® Finetouch™ technique in-between the PRP scalp treatments to further enhance hair follicle stimulation and hair growth.
Skin Care Consultation
Can’t decide? No problem. Our master aesthetician offers complimentary consultations, where he will create a specialized skin care program just for you.